The breath is life-force energy that becomes matter when connecting with your cells and creating movement within your body. When energy is flowing through your mind and body, you feel happy, healthy, and vibrant. Your mind is quiet, so is your breath. When energy is blocked, fatigued, stressed: dis-ease comes in. Your mind is turbulent, and so is your breath.
Conscious breathing is important because it roots you in the present. Awareness becomes present. There are no memories, no fantasies no day dreaming happening when your attention is in your breath. The best way to practice awareness is by conscious breathing. Bring your attention to your chest. Yep! Nature knows best. ;) When you focus your attention on your breath, you can’t be anywhere else but in the present.
Constantly ask yourself: Am I consciously breathing?
* Inhale into your belly until it is full as a balloon.
* Then, fill in your chest, and lastly, your upper chest.
* No need to hold. Just relax into the flow of these 3 steps.
* If you start to think about all the things you haven’t done, gently write them down on a paper next to you. This will let your mind know you have listened to her and will attend to them in time.
* Come back to your breath. Breathe with awareness.
Sending you love, stay safe and well, love, Maria